How much does it cost to light a house?
What we are going to tell you is quite common in our day to day.
The phone rings, or we receive an email, and the person who contacts us is an individual or a professional (interior designer or architect), both from Barcelona and from other towns (we will talk about the new remote lighting services below ), who tells us that after meeting us online, he wants to light up his house (his own, or that of a third party when the caller is a professional), and he would like us to help him.
After explaining his specific case to us, and how could it be otherwise, he asks us how much money it will cost him to design his interior or exterior lights project.
How to budget the lighting of a home?
In a previous article (click here to read it), we explained all the necessary steps that you must take to carry out optimal lighting in a home.
In addition to everything we told you then, today we want to dedicate this article to a topic that surely interests you because as we have told you, there are many who ask us about it before starting: What does it cost for us to perform a lighting project for your home?
The economic valuation of a lighting project will always depend on various factors, and on whether our lighting studio is the one that assumes all or only a part of each of the following four phases:
- Size and uses of each specific room.
- Type of luminaires requested by the client. You can prefer from the most conventional or basic to the most sophisticated on a decorative level: lights to illuminate art, sophisticated ambient lighting, signage, or step lighting.
- Style or architecture of the space in question.
- What is the price of lighting a flat or a house?
- As a generic and practical example, we are going to assume the average valuation of a personalized lighting project, for a house that has the following characteristics:
- Approximate area of about 200 square meters.
- And offering a lighting study that includes the light and consumption audit, the maintenance reports, the model proposal, and the budget.
What other costs does home lighting have?
Along with the above amount, you have to count that in luminaires, lamps, and lighting systems, the average investment for a house of about 200 square meters, ranges between €5,000 and €20,000, depending on the number, design, and quality of spotlights and raised lamps.
We already know that the price range that we have just given you is wide, and not very indicative, but just as wide are the types of clients and needs with which we collaborate, as well as the options that we have today to illuminate well. and with the style of a home (in this case urban).
Some of the advantages of hiring a lighting studio to carry out this type of project are:
as well as the after-sales service;
and the resolution of possible incidents regarding products or light effects that can happen, and that a professional knows how to solve since that is his specialty.
Not planning a lighting project at a professional level can lead to problems that will cost you in the long run.
As an example of the above, it is typical that:
or that the chosen lighting is not the most satisfactory and unforeseen events occur that ultimately make the project more expensive.
In addition, at the electrical installation level, good planning allows you to act in an organized manner and at once, saving time and therefore money, as well as worries.
And as if that were not enough, the luminaires proposed and chosen in collaboration with a specialized lighting studio will be consistent with the type of building, taking into account:
- the height of ceilings and depths of walls,
- achieving a visual, aesthetic, and functional coherence of the different elements that make up the house,
- and they will also take into account the global consumption factor of the entire installation.
We could explain many more things to you, but we think that the previous summary is more than enough for you to know the development and the advantages of hiring a specialized studio to light your new house or apartment.
—- xxx —-
It goes without saying that at Avanluce we have extensive experience in interior and exterior lighting for classic, modern, and avant-garde homes, of a great diversity of sizes. Likewise, we can help you remotely with home lighting projects throughout Spain.
We will wait for you!
We invite you to join this blog and Avanluce on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest to periodically receive new tips and news on lighting.