Most people who practice gymnastics on a regular basis eventually come to realize that, in order to advance in their sport, they must train more often and harder than many of their peers.
They also recognize that, as with any other type of training regimen, doing the same repetitive exercises over and over can get boring very fast, which will make it difficult to continue putting in the hard work necessary for long-term improvement. One easy way to remedy this problem is by adding an air track mat to your gym’s equipment arsenal.
What is an air track mat?
An air track mat is a gymnastics mat that provides the surface for a number of exercises, including the floor roll, piked and straddled back extension, and the front walkover. It is also used for practicing skills such as handstands and kickovers. This unique mat includes a series of air cells that inflate to provide cushioning between you and the mat.
The amount of inflation can be regulated by your own body weight, so it is perfect for training sessions with different weights or kids who want to work on strengthening their body with varying levels of difficulty. Since you never need to worry about this mat puncturing during workouts, it will always remain inflated as long as you are using it.
If you’re looking to improve your fitness, training and recovery, there’s one tool that can help you do it all and that’s an air track mat. Air track mats are unique products with plenty of benefits beyond simple exercise equipment. Here are ten reasons why you need an air track mat in your life and how it can transform your workout experience into something more holistic and beneficial to your health and happiness long-term.
- Air track mats are a great way to get moving around.
- Air track mats are a great space saver.
- Air track mats offer versatility and can be used for all sorts of exercises, not just the typical running on it type of activity.
- Air track mats are portable and can be folded up for storage when not being used.
- The air inside the mat ensures good shock absorption, making it more comfortable to work out on than a hard surface or ground because you’re less likely to feel any pain from impact.
- It’s cheaper than buying a treadmill!
- You won’t have to worry about where you’re going to store the treadmill.
- You’ll have more space at home.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Affordable investment.
Tired of not being able to do the cool moves in your gymnastics class because you can’t get past the basics? Getting an air track mat from Kameymall will help you practice more advanced skills and make it easier to execute them in a real life setting.
We have mats for sale that are big enough for two people to use at once. You don’t have to worry about trying to set up a mat on your own, we’ll get it delivered right to your door. And with our return policy, there’s nothing holding you back from buying today and trying it out.
Avoid injury by using the mat correctly:
- Make sure you get a mat that is large enough for your body. It should be at least 3 feet longer than your height and 2-3 feet wider than your wingspan.
- When standing on the mat, place your weight over the balls of your feet and avoid putting pressure on your heels or toes to keep them from bending too much.
- When jumping, land with both feet flat on the mat with knees soft and slightly bent.
- When doing stretches, make sure you are stretching over the entire length of the mat as opposed to just in one spot so that you can stretch all of your muscles without feeling tightness in any one particular area
- Be careful when doing tricks involving jumps like roundoffs and back handsprings. Land softly on the mat instead of springing off it as this will protect your spine and other joints in your body.
- When practicing moves such as split leaps, put most of your weight onto one foot to do this move.
- If you feel pain during or after exercising, stop what you’re doing immediately
Even if you’re the most talented and dedicated gymnast, it’s not easy to train at home. Getting enough space in your house can be a challenge, and even if you do find enough room for your equipment, you may not have room for a huge air track mat. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for those who want to avoid these drawbacks. Here are some things to consider when choosing a mat:
- Size: The size of the mat can make or break your training experience. If you’re just working on flexibility and upper body strength, a smaller mat will work well. However, if you need more room for landing exercises or floor routines, consider buying a larger mat that will provide more space.
- Non-slip grip: One common problem with mats is the constant sliding around during training. That can lead to bad falls and accidents. To prevent this from happening, look for mats with special non-slip surfaces that’ll keep everything in place no matter how intense your workout gets.
- Easy storage: Storage can also be an issue with mats. Some people prefer ones that fold up neatly, while others want their mat stored out of sight until they need it again. Neither style is right or wrong, but it’s good to know what kind of storage preference you have before purchasing anything so you don’t end up with something inconvenient later down the line.
- Durability: Finally, think about how durable your new purchase should be.
In order to get the most out of your air track mat, you’ll want to make sure it’s in a space that is as free from as many bumps or possible. You also need to make sure there are no cords on the ground or anything else that could cause tripping. Make sure there are enough mats nearby for everyone who will be using the air track mat and that they’re in good condition.
It can be helpful to have some sort of timer in place so people know how long they should spend on the mat before switching, but it’s not necessary if you’re using the air track mat for shorter periods of time, such as after school or during lunch break.
If you are serious about your gymnastics training, then you need to make sure that you are doing everything in your power to get better, and that includes having the proper equipment. An air track mat can be an excellent tool in your training because it’s so versatile, helping to keep you safe while allowing you to focus on the right areas of practice.